2011 Recapped: Inspiring Articles
Last week we brought you our favorite picks produced by our CLA Provocateurs during 2011. This week, let’s open it up a little and look to the wider web. 2011 was a great year for creative inspiration and innovation, so read on for our favorites.
Any round up of articles that inspired the CLA would be incomplete without a reference to the “IBM 2010 Global CEO Study” wherein “Creativity” was selected as the most crucial factor for success
It’s from 2010, but this study of 1,500 Chief Executive Officers from 60 countries and 33 industries worldwide, where chief executives identified creativity as a more important trait than rigor, management discipline, integrity or even vision for successfully navigating an increasing complex world has kept us inspired for all of 2011.
Moving on through the year we saw enormous amounts of writing on creativity. Here are our 10 favorites from the beginning of 2011 to the present day:
1. Design Thinking Is A Failed Experiment. So What’s Next? April 2011
2. Can Creativity Be Taught? May 2011
3. Find Your Creative Groove July 2011
5. How to Thrive in a World of Elusive Creativity, August 2011
6. How to Think Creatively November 2011
7. 8 Secrets To Creative Thinking (Hint: Steal From Others) November 2011
8. Don’t Let What You Know Limit What You Imagine November 2011
9. Leaders need to tap into creative thinkers November 2011
10. Early Prototypes Can Hurt a Team’s Creativity December 2011
What were your favorite inspirations from 2011? Anything you would add to this list?